I read Seth Godin’s blog today on how to succeed. His were truthful in ways yet contradictory. They certainly make you think. Here are some things I think are important to succeed.
1. Set goals.
2. Be willing to change your goals.
3. Be willing to make sacrifices to achieve your goals.
4. Be enthusiastic.
5. Be cheerful.
6. Smile easily.
7. Take care of your health.
8. Learn, understand and implement a personal finance plan.
9. Always learn.
10. Take self responsibility, no villain, victim or helpless mentality.
11. Contribute more than others; don’t be in the bottom 10% of your coworkers.
12. Follow your bliss.
13. Be interesting.
14. Get some hobbies or passions.
16. Take educated risks.
17. Do the work to know yourself – self awareness.
18. Improve your weaknesses.
19. Participate: in meetings, in your community, in your family, at social events…
20. Watch less TV.
21. Get outside.
22. Be active.
23. Learn history.
24. Get a dog.
25. Self reflect.
27. Take time for yourself, I call it me time.
28. Go ride a horse.
29. Don’t assume the grass is greener at another job.
30. Ask questions.
31. Develop relationships and network.
32. Work hard.
33. Try new stuff.
34. Be honest, have integrity.
35. Be kind to others.
36. Learn to plan.
37. Be responsible.
38. Be dependable and reliable.
39. Under sell, over deliver.
40. Be happy.
Are you the kind of person you would want to take a two hour car ride with?