I heard lots of new and probably old trends for the attraction’s industry while attending IAAPA recently. Here is a list of those:
- Revenue Generation was a buzzword. Adding components to increase revenue is top of mind in the industry.
- Adding new elements like zip lines, water play areas and theatre increase revenue, attract new audiences and increases repeat visits.
- There is an increased use of themed immersive experiences.
- Complex engaging exhibits attract repeat visits.
- Table restaurant service attracts older audiences.
- High encounter animal experiences are on the rise.
- There is an expanded use of social media.
- Many institutions are developing their own apps.
- STEAM Goals of adding art to science is very popular.
- Connect with a wider audience.
- Competition can engage guests.
- Providing personalized experiences where the guest is in control is on the rise.
- Staying open later and having specialized evening events attracts new audiences.
- Collaborating with a wide variety of partners from local corporations to other attractions can increase attendance, awareness and support.
What have you done to offer your visitors more?